Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fitness Tip: Buy some cables
If I hear one more time that I am traveling so I can’t workout, Ill seriously crush my skull with a dumbbell. By no means do I think that working out on the road is easy - but it can happen.

Here are two ways.
1. Get a cable
Resistance cables are light, easy to pack and perfect way to add resistance. Plus, if you don’t know how to use them, most come with an instructional video. So use it, and the cost is usually less that twenty dollars. If you don’t know how to use them, again, hire me.
2. Body-weight exercises.
You can do a great deal of exercises with just your body weight. You can do squats, lunges, planks and push-ups. That’s all you really need. Your best piece of equipment is you! If you need to review, check out
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/tipsandtricks/a/basictraining.htm
 
Recipe Pesto for breakfast!
I loved green eggs in ham. In fact, I love Dr. Seuss. So here is my spin on green eggs and ham.
 
 Serves 4, or two of me


8 eggs
4 tsps reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
1 tomato, diced
¼ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced green pepper
1 teaspoons prepared pesto sauce
4 slices turkey bacon
1 avocado chopped
4 10-inch flour tortilla

1. Fry bacon and drain according to directions. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, onions, green peppers, and pesto and make a scramble.
3. Take eggs and bacon and even portion out into tortillas. You may want them warm so nuke them in microwave for about ten seconds. Then add avocado, cheese, tomato and sour cream. Wrap and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment