Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/9

Food Tip: Say no to TV
Are you kidding me? If it were not for reality television competition shows I would not have friends, nor a social life. I go out about as much as Anne Frank did. (lighten up!) I love to unwind in front of my TV. But it is so bad to eat in front of the TV. Studies (and not, we have WMD’s studies) have shown that people eat more when they are watching television. Therefore, eat at the dining room table. You will talk more and eat less. I mean really, it just makes sense.

Fitness Tip; Jump Rope
People ask me what the best cardio exercise is all of the time. The best one is jumping rope. It burns the most calories in the shortest amount of time. Additionally, it activates both fast and slow-twitch muscle fibers. Why do you think boxers are so ripped? it’s the jumping rope. Its probably all the hormones too….but stick with the rope.
Alcohol
I promised you some alcohol tips….

Here are a few

Beer: Skip the light stuff and drink the regular. I have an unproven but logical theory; if you drink the regular beer, you will be more satisfied and full. If you drink the light beer, you will drink more to satisfy you. Therefore, drink the regular stuff. let’s face it, it tastes better and it is more filling.

Booze: The alcohol is not where the calories are hidden. Calories are in the mixers with the alcohol. In fact, alcohol is processed by the liver and not the stomach. Therefore, weight gain based on alcohol is not the issue.- but the sugars are! Drink no-sugar mixers like soda water. Avoid juice, tonic, and regular sodas. If you are going to purge, drink a dry martini.

Wine: Skip it. It is sugar and its detrimental to your diet. Don’t even start with the antioxidant thing. One glass is ok. But do you ever have one glass of wine? I mean it goes bad. If you can’t save it properly, it is not worth opening.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent alcohol notes - thank you!! I can't (yet) get used to soda water - but, have been using diet tonic. Is that close enough?

    ReplyDelete