Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blog Entry 8.23 Chili

First of all, please sign up as a follower of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now read.


Food Tip: Plan you meals.
So why do you order a pizza , eat eight hundred extra calories, and spend a week regretting your choices? Because you do not plan your meals! That’s why you stop and get a double-cheeseburger and think popcorn is a meal. So this is what works for me to alleviate those pressure decisions (bucket of chicken or taco bell).
I cook one day a week for four days. By doing this, I can just reheat a meal every day and it is already done for me. Okay, so it’s Sunday. The weather is nice and a Bloody Mary is in order. So, get a crock pot, open some cans, and let it sit in there. Then be off with your day. You can take ten minutes of prep work to make a meal for at least two to three days! If you plan your meals today by making some good reheatable meals, you will not make bad choices and will have no reason to feel guilty the rest of the week (unless you have grew up Catholic like me).
 
Fitness Tip: It’s Sunday, I’m not going to the gym.
Neither am I. Sundays are meant to recharge and refocus. So do it! So don’t work out. I mowed the lawn. I burnt some calories I feel good. Go walk your dog! Burn some calories that way. Or spend the day planning your workout schedule. This is a great day to schedule your workout, refocus and recommit!

THE CHILI RECIPE
I feel very good that I shall win again with this one. It was a good chili night. Plus, the crock pot is in order for this one. This pot of chili can make 8-10 servings. See meals for the week! I practice what I preach.
3 cans chili hot beans (or kidney) ( do not drain)
2 lbs browned ground turkey (drained)
1 16oz can of tomatoes diced
1 cup frozen corn
Dump all of these above items in crock pot

Spice Blend
3 cloves garlic
1 can diced green chiles
1 large onion (diced)
3 tbsp allspice
3 tbsp chili powder or cumin
1 tsp fennel seed
1 tbsp garlic salt
1/3 of one 5oz can of chipotle in adobo
6 black peppercorns
3 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp curry powder
1 cup chicken stock
Take all of these ingredients and blend in food processor, blender. This is important because it will make the spices very consistent.
Take the spice blend and combine crock pot with all other ingredients. Cook in crock pot at low heat for 8 to ten hours. It is a good heat. The Indian seasoning is awesome. Do not over use the chipotles! They can take over like a short dictator.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment