The 5 steps you need to start a “diet.” This is what I am doing and I want to share with you.
1. Buy some protein powder. Protein needs to be anywhere to 40 to 50 percent of your diet. But you also need to lose weight and therefore need to take in fewer calories. Supplementing a snack with a protein shake or having one after a workout will aid in recovery and helps to add protein without added calories.
2. Buy a journal. Write down everything you eat in a day. This journal will hold you accountable for what you take in your body. You will also think twice before what you eat if you have to write it down.
3. Get a scale. You have to weigh yourself to accept where you are in your progress. If the scale is not moving, your intensity needs to. Weigh yourself daily at the same time. Don’t weigh yourself after meals or after water intake.
4. Load up on fiber rich foods. Add a ton of apples, carrots, berries and celery. This will keep you full while not adding too many calories.
5. Throw away the starches. For the first few days of a diet, avoid starch. Yes we need carbs for energy. But try to get carbs from only fruits and vegetable. You will notice that avoid starches will increase your energy and filing up on fruits and veggies will make you feel fuller and less sluggish.